Speaking and Presentation Opportunities
Rodney C. Nanney, AICP is an innovative provider of solutions to community planning, zoning, and local economic development challenges. He is the author of numerous “Zoning Basics” articles for the Michigan Planner magazine. As a writer, public speaker, and community planning consultant, Mr. Nanney consistently strives to translate the technical jargon of zoning and land development into everyday language.
Mr. Nanney is happy to speak to groups and classes about community planning, zoning, and local economic development topics, including “What Do You Want Your Town To Be When it Grows Up?” Other topics include:
- “Blowin’ in the Wind – Planning for Alternative and Renewable Energy Production in Michigan”
- “Regulating Small Wind Turbines”
- “Getting the Most Out Of Your Planning/Zoning Department”
- “Nine Golden Rules of Defensible Decision-Making”
- “Brevity and Clarity – What Should (and should not) be in Your Zoning Ordinance”
- “Downtown Revitalization – Five Simple Things That Matter Most”
He has spoken before audiences large and small, and as diverse as church groups, college students, elected officials, and elementary-age children. An engaging public speaker, he is prepared to tailor his subject and remarks to your group’s needs, interests, and priorities.
Mr. Nanney is an experienced leader and facilitator of training and educational workshops on community planning, zoning, and land development topics. His current workshops include:
- Michigan Planning and Zoning Laws
- What Every Local Elected Official Needs to Know about Community Planning and Zoning
- Especially for the Board of Zoning Appeals
- Especially for the Planning Commission
- Especially for the Zoning Administrator
- Zoning Without Boundaries – Implementing the Place Zoning Model
- Ordinance Enforcement
- Defensible Sign Regulations
- The Past and Future of “Granny Flats” (Accessory Apartments)
- Customized workshops and individualized training are available!